birdy love

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 26

Hello third trimester!  26 weeks are over and I'm entering my 27th week of being pregnant.  So far, the first trimester was horrible and the second was fabulous, so I'm going to guess that the third will be somewhere in the middle?  At least I'm hoping!  This week was a good one.  We got a new bed last Saturday.  It's a Tempur-Pedic mattress... and it's horrible.  That's not sarcasm!  Apparently there's a break in period of a month for new TP beds.  A month!  We laid on it for the first time expecting the heavens to open up and the bed would be glorious... no.  It's kind of like lying on concrete.  This past week it HAS gotten better but I really hope I'm singing this bed's praises soon or we'll have to get a new one.  We were warned that it wouldn't feel the same as the store model, to Ashley furniture's defense. 

Last night we went to Fort Osage, MO (after I took a half day off of school which was incredible) and watched Levi & the Ozark Tigers play in the state semifinals.  Ozark lost.  Everyone from the stands went on the field after the loss and all the parents were hugging their sons, and here's what I did not expect- the tears!  Oh my goodness.  It was so sad.  All of these 18 year old boys were sobbing into their mom and dad's shoulders, if I would have known it was such a sad scene I might not have gone on the field.  I started crying too!  There will probably be a day 18 years from now that I will cry at Mason's last football game.  

Speaking of Mason, I went to the doctor on Thursday and he still has a strong heartbeat.  I also took my glucose and anemia tests.  I was very anxious about these tests!  I really didn't want to be diabetic because I saw what Ashley had to go through and it did NOT look fun.  To see if I had gestational diabetes they made me drink this liquid that tasted like a cross between Hawaiian Punch and latex.  I had to drink it in 5 minutes- by drink I mean chug.  I felt like I was a 21 year old at a bar.  The doctor said I needed my glucose to be lower than 140, and my blood count to be between 12-16.  I was able to see my test results online, and my glucose came back at 107!  YAY!  What a relief!!  But my blood count came back as 10.8, so I'm slightly anemic.  I haven't been back to the doctor yet to see if I need to take iron supplements, but at least I don't have to go on a special diet and don't have to prick my finger.




  • How far along? 26 weeks
  • Total weight gain? 12 pounds!  142! 
  • Stretch marks? No, but my stomach is itching like it's being stretched.  Drinking lots of liquids, especially water!
  • Sleep? Gradually starting to sleep better due to the new bed.  In the middle of the night I wake up on my back (which is a no-no) so I've started sleeping on my back with a pillow under me, propping me sideways, so I don't cut off blood to the baby.  Today I slept a whole lot and it was fabulous.  I keep having dreams that he is trying to get out of me and eventually does.  We are hanging out in bed together but right before I wake up I have to put him back in me because he's not done yet.  I don't dream about how I put him back in me I just know it happens.  Very weird!  But he has blonde hair and pale skin.  Big surprise there :). 
  • Best moment this week? Taking a half day off school Friday.  All of us teachers just need a break!  I realize it will cut into my maternity time but I don't really care.  Needed it.  
  • Miss anything? It's hard to shave my legs.  I can still do it but it takes a lot of effort to reach the calves and shins!  
  • Movement: All the time, it's pretty cool.
  • Food cravings: Chocolate milk, orange juice... breakfast food.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick? No.
  • Showing?  All in front.  People are still coming up to me at church telling me they didn't realize I was pregnant.  Then I tell them I'm 6 months and they can't believe it!
  • Gender: Boy
  • Labor signs: No
  • Belly button in or out: 90% out... 
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Happy or moody most of the time? Happy
  • Looking forward to: Thanksgiving break- spending time with family and eating lots of food.
  • Baby's size: Lettuce



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment