birdy love

Monday, December 24, 2012

Week 31


This last week of school seemed to drag on forever.  Kelsey and Dabe got to Ozark on Sunday night and I went to Tyler's parents house on Monday night to hang out with them.  On Tuesday we had Tyler's family Christmas and did a gift exchange- Mason got some cute outfits from Auntie Kels!  Kelsey and Dabe stayed the night with us that night, and I didn't intend to stay up until midnight talking to them but that's what happened.  Time flies when there's good conversation!  Tyler has been sick all this week so that's been no fun.  I'm thankful that I haven't gotten sick from him (yet!  And hopefully not!).  The rest of the week was spent wrangling excited 5 & 6 year olds to follow directions while they were so excited for Santa to come.  A few kids brought me gifts, but the sweetest gift of all was from my little girl I've had such a problem with the past few weeks.  

At first she was just horrible and I didn't know what to do to manage her behavior.  Honestly, one night I prayed to God to take it from me because I didn't know what else to do and I was exhausted from this girl.  The next day, she had a great day.  Every day after that, she has progressively gotten better.  That is not a coincidence!  This girl has a terrible home life - I can't even imagine what she has experienced, it's so sad.  Well on Thursday she came into my room, beaming, went straight to my desk and put some little baby shoes on my desk.  She said "These are my baby brother's old shoes but they don't fit him anymore so I asked my mom if I could bring them to school for baby Mason.  I really want you to have them."  Melted my heart!  How sweet!  I know she doesn't have much, and to offer those shoes to me means more than she probably realizes.  She was so proud to give them to me, too.  This is one reason why I love my job.



  • How far along? 31 weeks
  • Total weight gain? 16 pounds, officially
  • Stretch marks? Still none
  • Sleep? Yes, and less often than I want.  There's just a whole lot that I feel needs to get done so I stay up doing it instead of sleeping even though I'm tired.  This relates to my "best moment this week" so keep reading!
  • Best moment this week? A lady that works with Tyler at the hospital has a 3 year old boy and has been trying to conceive for awhile now with  no luck.  She told him that she was "tired of having all this stuff at her house" so she said we could come look at what we wanted.  We assumed of course that we would pay for what we wanted and were prepared for that to happen.  When we got there, half of her garage was full of baby gear & clothes.  As we started filtering through what we wanted to keep, Tyler asked how much she wanted for our pile.  She said "Just take it.  I'm tired of looking at it."  WHAT!  We literally left there with thousands of dollars worth of stuff, for free.  Nice clothes-- tons of baby Polo, Gap, Juicy (didn't even know that existed), Zutano, and tons of name brand clothes that were barely worn by her boy.  She also had a  lot of camo baby clothes which Tyler loved so we got the best of both worlds in the clothing department.  SO many toys, 2 swings (she had 4 at her house- said her kid 'didn't like a certain kind' so she'd buy another), a jumper thing to put over the door, 2 walkers, crib mattress, changing pad, bottles, etc.  Incredible!  We don't even know how to thank this lady and her husband, a thank you card is certainly not sufficient, but necessary.  So now I have a ton to organize and sort through but I'm very thankful even though it kind of stresses me out.
  • Miss anything? All I do is work, eat, and sleep (or that's how I feel at least)... I miss having a social life.
  • Movement: As I was sitting in front of the class about to read a story to my kids on the carpet, one said "Uhh... Mrs. Barnes... your stomach is moving.  It's freaking me out."  haha!  So we all watched Mason do flips and move around.  That is how much he moves!  They loved watching it even though it was alien like.
  • Food cravings: Anything sour/sweet/fruity.  When I go to the mall I have to go to Mr. Bulky's and get sour strawberry ropes and a mixed cherry/Coke Icee. 
  • Anything making you queasy or sick? Not this week. 
  • Showing? Yep!
  • Gender: Boy
  • Labor signs: Yes actually!  I had my first contraction late Saturday night.  It felt like a dull period cramp and I just walked around for awhile until it went away.  I practiced doing some yoga stretches to alleviate the very little pain I was experiencing. It was uncomfortable but not really painful.  I basically did yoga just to practice getting into those positions when it really does get painful.  I felt more like "what is going on because I've never felt this while pregnant".  I confirmed with my recently pregnant friends that I had a Braxton-Hicks contraction, but I'll ask my doctor about it next week at my appt to make it official. 
  • Belly button in or out: Out and proud.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Happy or moody most of the time? I feel moody this week.  Particularly because I feel stressed with everything there is to do, plus Christmas gatherings.  I'm not complaining about family and friends getting together but I just need more hours in a day!  I think once the nursery is somewhat finished I'll feel much better.
  • Looking forward to: Getting the nursery 80% complete... right now we're sitting at 15%.  Yikes!
  • Baby's size: Pineapple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment