birdy love

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 37

Every week this month has been packed with things to do.  I'm not complaining!  It's making these last few weeks fly by!  This week has been no exception.  On Sunday Tyler and I had a baby shower at church.  The girls did an awesome job decorating! Here are a few tables:

and then the food table was spectacular as well...


They know how much I love branches and trees!  All of the branches are currently in my house, waiting for their final home.  I couldn't decide which ones I wanted so I took them all. :)  We were SO blessed with the love shown to us through this shower.  Not just with the showering of gifts, but knowing that we have so many people that care about us is amazing.  I was glad my mom got to come up and be here, too.

and here I am with my sweets!


On Monday night we went to Terry and Debbie's house for a blessing.  The 'blessing' has become a tradition that originated with Angie but has been adopted by several people.  Our family gives blessings for birthdays, weddings, babies, and basically any other major life event.  People gather in the living room of a house and the person(s) with the life event happening receives advice, love, tips, etc. from people that love them.  It started when Angie went to a funeral and everyone was saying nice things about the person that died... she thought, wouldn't it be nice to say nice things to people while they are alive!  So blessings started.  And they really are a great thing.  It's wonderful to know that we have friends and family who love us and are there with us on this journey of parenthood.  Most of them are the same people that were at the blessing for our marriage, and they are still in our lives today!

Monday night/Tuesday morning was miserable.  I had major congestion and couldn't breathe, therefore I couldn't sleep, then I woke up with a temperature of 100.2 - and I freaked out a little.  The past few weeks I don't know how many kids I've sent home with fevers (they had the flu) and I was terrified that I had gotten it!  This was at 6am, and I was nervous to go to school with a fever.  I remembered the doctor saying if I got a fever to call right away.  Well their office didn't open until 8 so I called in a sub for the day and took the day off.  The nurse called me back and said to drink lots of fluids and rest (it's hard to rest when you can't breathe) and to call back if the temperature doesn't go down.  Thankfully it went down and I was able to go to school on Wednesday, drugged on Mucinex and Tylenol.

On Wednesday the ladies at school threw my baby shower- that was very nice of them! We had been waiting until after the showers to purchase anything for Mason so we did that on Thursday.  The room is coming together and we have everything we need (and probably a few things we don't need!).  We didn't go to baby class Thursday night because the roads were a little icy and we didn't want to risk it.  Plus, we just didn't want to go :).  Friday and Saturday was the first weekend where we didn't have ANYthing planned.  We've just been enjoying each other's company, since it'll just be us 2 for a few more weeks!

I went to the doctor on Thursday.  I gained 3 pounds between last week and this one!  Baby is growing.  I am 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced, so he could literally come any day now.  I'm reminded of the scripture "for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape".  Yikes... here we go!  





  • How far along? 37 weeks
  • Total weight gain? 26 pounds
  • Stretch marks? None that I can see. :)
  • Sleep? As much as I can get.  Still not waking up in the middle of the night! 
  • Best moment this week? Our blessing on Monday night at Terry and Debbie's.  Tyler and I are so blessed!
  • Miss anything? Being able to breathe clearly.
  • Movement: Yep.  His feet are up near my sternum (!) and his head is down by my hips.  That seems really long to me!  It feels weird to have something kick your sternum.
  • Food cravings: Water, water, water.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick? Just a bunch of congestion that won't seem to quit (without medicine!)
  • Showing? Yes.  Only from the side, it seems.  :) 
  • Gender: Boy
  • Labor signs: Monday night I got a bad contraction- Tyler thought we were going to have to go to the hospital!  But it didn't last very long.  It hurt towards the top of my stomach, which I hadn't felt before.  But it was definitely more painful that any other Braxton-Hicks.  (I found out on Thursday at my doctor's appt. that this was a "real" contraction.  When they start happening 5-10 minutes apart is when I should go to the hospital.  Doctor thinks this contraction is what started the dilation/effacement.)
  • Belly button in or out: Still out but becoming more flat since my belly is getting bigger.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Happy or moody most of the time? Moody.  My hormones are all over the place. 
  • Looking forward to: Getting the finishing touches done in Mason's room.  It is an amazing room to be in, which is a good thing because I have a feeling I'll be in there a lot.
  • Baby's size: Winter Melon




  • No comments:

    Post a Comment