birdy love

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week 36

This week the craziness of January continues!  On Sunday I sang at church on stage for the last time til Mason gets here, it was fun but I'm glad to have a break for awhile.  It's easier to breathe because he's started making the descent out of my lungs.  Hallelujah, air!  Sunday afternoon I went to Malachi Hostetler's first birthday party at Rutledge Wilson farm (Tyler had to work)... I can't believe he is 1 year old!  We're birthday buddies, and I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday, not a year ago. 


Monday was my friend Lindsay's birthday - I haven't seen her since my wedding 5 years ago (!) but she has been one of those friends who is important to me even though I don't see her, and we rarely get to talk on the phone.  Tyler had to work a double so I ran errands in Springfield.  I got a robe and some pajamas for the hospital that are cuter than the gown, of course :) I can be a diva in the hospital!


Tuesday I had a consultation with the lactation lady at the Mercy Mother-Baby Support Center.  Sheila was incredibly helpful and I feel much more prepared for breastfeeding after speaking with her.  She fitted me for a bra and I ended up buying 2 - a normal one, and one to sleep in (they have lots of room to grow since I'm supposed to swell up like balloons) and are really comfortable.  I also got all the extra parts for my pump figured out and will take that to the hospital with me.  I was stressing last week about getting all my things together before the hospital, but with everything I accomplished on Monday and Tuesday I feel SO much more prepared. 


Wednesday we had an ultrasound!  Mason did not get the memo that we wanted to take pictures of him because he was moving around all over the place.  The ultrasound lady would put the wand thing on my stomach to see him, and he would literally scoot to the opposite side of my belly.  Then she'd put the wand over to where he was and he'd move again.  We did see that his head is facing down (yay!), towards my back (yay again!) and his back curves up on the left side of my stomach with his feet in my ribs.  So THAT'S what I've been feeling in my ribs this whole time!  We did get some pictures but they are blurry because he was constantly moving and kicking.  At one point she said he had his whole fist in his mouth.  In one picture, he is sticking out his tongue at us as if to say "Ha, you just thought you'd get a picture!"  And he was kicking my ribs through the whole ultrasound.  What a little toot. :) We will have to walk him like a puppy dog to get all his energy out!  We got glimpses of his face and his cheeks look really chubby.  I love them!  His head is a normal size (whew) and he weighs 6 lbs, 8 oz.  We didn't get a 3D ultrasound, which would have been easier to see but it does kind of spoil the fun of seeing him for the first time.  We're so close to meeting him, I can't wait!


On Thursday we went to the doctor, this time he checked to see if I was dilated - nothing has happened yet.  I'm ok with that, I'm not too uncomfortable and I'm definitely not prepared as far as having my bags packed and the nursery ready.  That night we went to our baby class... it was horrible.  The teacher just rambles.  At the end of the day, the baby is going to come out and I trust my doctor to do what's best for me and Mason.  I don't need to know all the extra information she gives or 'how they used to do things in years past', it's just ridiculous.  It's also hard to sit through a 3 hour class!


Friday my mom came up to stay for the weekend and that night we went to church for a trivia night fundraiser to support the youth group going to Nicaragua this summer.  It was called Brain-a-Mania and our team (a table of 10 people) actually did pretty well!  Mom was clutch with a few answers.  On Saturday we just hung out around the house... Levi and his girlfriend Amy came over to shoot a bow and arrow, Curt Baker and Scott Light came over just to say hi... mom and I cleaned the house (it's much more fun cleaning with someone else helping!  And it gets done a lot faster!) for my party that night.  Which leads me to...


My Favorite Things Party!  I had 8 girls over Saturday night for this party - each girl brought their favorite thing to eat.  There were bagel bites, chips and salsa, lasagna cupcakes, potato bites... lots of deliciousness.  They also were told to bring 5 items that were each $10 or less, and their items had to be wrapped in a bag so no one knew what anyone else brought.  The girls then put their name in a bowl 5 times.  We passed around the bowl and everyone drew 5 names (couldn't be their own name, and no duplicate names).  When it was your turn you had to tell everyone about your gift and why it's your favorite, then the names of the girls you drew received those 5 things!  At the end of the night I ended up with Valentine kitchen towels, a Jarkey, a Mini Emergency kit, lotion & a Scentsy scent, and warm socks.  After everyone exchanged their 5 gifts, one lucky person (Megan Chaffin) won the "Swag Bag" filled with MY favorite things!  Then we played one of my favorite games, Celebrity.  It was a pretty fun night!

  • How far along? 36 weeks
  • Total weight gain? 23 pounds
  • Stretch marks? Still none.. I hope to make it to the end!
  • Sleep? Sleeping when I can, but he definitely lets me know that he is there all the time.  Lots of kicking and punching... I think he needs a spanking when he gets out! 
  • Best moment this week? Seeing our sweet baby face!
  • Miss anything? Pinot Noir.
  • Movement: Oh yes.  The ultrasound lady asked me if I ever got any sleep!
  • Food cravings: Peanut butter (sandwiches, on toast, with bananas... anything)
  • Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!  Just kind of congested but I think that comes with being prego.
  • Showing? Yes. 
  • Gender: Boy
  • Labor signs: Had a few contractions this week but nothing major.  I'm praying that when it's time to go to the hospital, it is VERY clear to me that I need to go immediately!  I don't want to cry wolf.
  • Belly button in or out: Still out but becoming more flat since my belly is getting bigger.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Happy or moody most of the time? Happy... birthday weeks are always fun! :)
  • Looking forward to: My showers this week - one Sunday at church, and one at school on Tuesday.  I'm blessed to have such loving and caring people in my life! 
  • Baby's size: Honeydew
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment