birdy love

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 34

I usually don't like bare belly pictures, but I just had to put this one up.  I can't believe how big my stomach has gotten, and it's not done yet!!  Yikes!

This was my first week back in school... it wasn't so bad, took a little time for the kids to adjust to having a schedule but they got the hang of it by the middle of the week.  On Tuesday we went to a class on breastfeeding - it was... interesting.  There are so many contradicting opinions about every little thing (from people teaching classes, to the books I've read, to the people who give unsolicited advice wherever I go) that I kind of just want to do my own thing.  I feel like that information is good to know but that I will rely on my maternal instincts to get me through things.  Every baby is different so who knows how Mason will be!  On Thursday we went to the doctor again.  I've gained 21 pounds!  Baby is getting big!  Everything is looking normal and measuring normal.  We get to have an ultrasound soon and I'm really excited for that.  I'm concerned about the size of his head, mostly :) Tyler had a huge head when he was born!  I also don't think Mason will have any hair.  I haven't had bad hearburn and when I was born I didn't have a lot of hair until I was about 2 years old.  Tyler had a lot of hair when he was born, but I expected to have a lot of heartburn with lots of hair.  Maybe we'll be able to tell in the ultrasound!  On Friday we had some friends over for fajitas and played Celebrity - very fun!  Then on Saturday we ate dinner at Angie's which always means good food and good conversation.  All the boys were on the way back from their annual pheasant hunting trip (except Tyler, he stayed home this year since I could go into labor anytime) so we waited for them to get home.  While we waited, we talked about taking a Barnes girls annual trip- if the guys do it then why can't we!  We talked about staying at the Mizell's cabin in Colorado and going to a spa there, or going to a spa in Arizona (there's a theme here), or going to Napa for a few days... we'll figure out something, but in 2013 there will be a Barnes girl trip!  I'm already excited!

  • How far along? 34 weeks
  • Total weight gain? 21 pounds!
  • Stretch marks? Not yet..
  • Sleep? Getting it when I can... I have to sleep with a lot of pillows though.
  • Best moment this week? Friday night we had a few friends over for fajitas and games.. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!  So thankful for good friends!
  • Miss anything? Wearing normal clothes- I've had to find a fancy dress for a fundraiser in a few weeks and the normal dresses I try on look ridiculous!  It's funny to see me in them, but I'm ready to have my old body back.
  • Movement: Yes, he's getting bigger!  We get to have an ultrasound in a week and a half.
  • Food cravings: Lots of water... can't get enough!
  • Anything making you queasy or sick? Still feeling sinus congestion, that's about it.
  • Showing? Yep!
  • Gender: Boy
  • Labor signs: A few contractions here and there, every so often I'll feel my uterus tighten but it doesn't hurt.  Just a little uncomfortable.
  • Belly button in or out: Still way out!
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Happy or moody most of the time? I'd still say moody this week.  
  • Looking forward to: my birthday and going to a fancy party at the country club on Saturday- we'll see how I do in my heels!
  • Baby's size: Butternut squash

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment