birdy love

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Week 35

My January is crazy busy.  I'm not complaining though, I'd rather be busy than have nothing going on!  This week we met our pediatrician on Tuesday... some people don't meet their pediatricians before their baby comes, but we did and I'm glad.  When you give birth they ask who your pediatrician is, and if you haven't picked one out yet they assign you one.  I didn't want to be assigned someone!  So we picked Dr. Finstad, his office is near our house (even though it's in Nixa) and he's very nice.  I'm ok with him taking care of Mason for a long time. 

On Wednesday my parents sent a basket of fruit to my school :) and that night Tyler's mom fixed a birthday dinner for me - beans, cornbread, black eyed peas, salad, and angel food cake with strawberries- yum!  You can take the girl out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the girl.  On my birthday, Thursday, Tyler had flowers sent to school- they were beautiful!  And they make the house smell great.  We went to eat at Touch that evening then had to go to our baby class.  Baby class was a bummer on my birthday, but it was still a great day.  I didn't get to go home until 9:30, I was exhausted!  Friday I got home from school and sat at home a bit... then I went to the nail place to get a mani-pedi.  Worth it!

On Saturday morning I met my friend Laura for breakfast at Tea Bar & Bites.  I had never eaten there and it was amazing!  Anytime I hang out with Laura we always have great conversation- never a dull moment that's for sure.  She's one of those friends who I don't have to see all the time but every time I do see her I always enjoy our time together.  After breakfast I got my hair cut and colored, then that night we went to a fundraiser for the Scottish Rite Masons because Brian Vesely bought a table and invited us.  So we got to dress up fancy, and be with good friends. It was very fun! I did take pictures on a legit camera but haven't put them on here yet... so here's a horrible picture of the group that went.  Below that is just the girls - I wish our eyes weren't shiny!  Then below that I am actually covering up Lesley but you can't see her and I think that's funny - big girl coming through, ha!  I did great in my 4" heels- I walked like I wasn't carrying 20 extra pounds of weight in front... success!  And Tyler is so handsome in his suit.



 
  • How far along? 35 weeks
  • Total weight gain? 21 pounds!
  • Stretch marks? Not yet..
  • Sleep? Still sleeping fine.  I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, but when I wake up I have to go really bad.  Thankful that I am able to sleep through the night for a few more weeks!
  • Best moment this week? It was my birthday week!  The whole week was great!
  • Miss anything? My maternity clothes are becoming too small!  You would expect these clothes to fit throughout your pregnancy but I guess not.  I wish I could wear sweatpants to school.
  • Movement: Yes
  • Food cravings: I love Icee's (coke and cherry mixed).  It's getting out of control :)... and I've been craving water, always feeling like I need it.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick? Feeling great - I put a humidifier in our room and I think it's helped a lot with the sinus problems.
  • Showing? Yep!  My feet and hands still haven't swollen, I think it's because I'm always cold. 
  • Gender: Boy
  • Labor signs: Had more Braxton-Hicks this week.
  • Belly button in or out: Still out but becoming more flat since my belly is getting bigger.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On.
  • Happy or moody most of the time? Happy... birthday weeks are always fun! :) 
  • Looking forward to: We get an ultrasound on Wednesday - I'm so excited to see Mason again!!!
  • Baby's size: Coconut

  • 1 comment:

    1. I was actually able to pull of wearing my black Nike yoga pants to work as long as my shirt was long enough to cover the little swish symbol! (I'm sure you could get away with it at school!)

      ReplyDelete