birdy love

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 18 - Baby B is a...

BOY!!!


We are so excited!!!!  I can't believe it-- I was sure I would have a baby girl, I even dreamed of raising a girl and we had our girl name picked out.  We had our ultrasound today (Tuesday) and it was so cool.  HE is a mover and a shaker even though I can only feel him every once in awhile.  Everything looked good.  The coolest thing for me was seeing the spine and ribs, and you could see each chamber and valve of the heart which was beating at 146 bpm.  The ultrasound was pretty long and I was glad because I love watching him move around and breathe.  He was moving all over the place.  I never really know what's going on inside of me anymore so it was great to see it on a screen!  The technician was very detailed and thorough, he is measuring normal on everything.  Baby B is very photogenic, the technician said.  Of course he is, he's beautiful! ;) We have lots of profile pictures (they're printed on 8.5x11 paper or I'd try to put them on here) and he's so cute!  Except the alien face we saw... creepy.  But everything else was cute.  I can already tell he has big muscles and is very smart.

I had my 4 week check up on Thursday, everything is normal with Baby B!  Heart, lungs, kidneys, stomach, etc.  Awesome.  I weighed in at a whopping 132 pounds, so the doctor put me on a diet of 2,000 calories a day.  He said it's rare for him to tell pregnant women to eat more!  I'm not trying to not gain weight I just eat when I'm hungry... apparently I need to be hungry more often.  Baby is growing and measuring fine but I'm just not putting on weight.



  • How far along? 18 weeks
  • Total weight gain? Still in the negative... -6.  Doctor said that at 20 weeks they expect women to gain 5-10 pounds and I'm at 132.  That means that in 2 weeks I need to gain 11 pounds to be considered "on track" but I really don't see that happening!
  • Stretch marks? No.
  • Sleep? Sleeping just fine with lots of pillows around
  • Best moment this week? Seeing our baby boy move around and breathe.. it is the coolest thing.  Just knowing that he's developing normally and healthy is a blessing!
  • Miss anything? I get the urge to workout but I feel like working out will help me lose weight and I don't want to do that.  Maybe I should try working out but I feel like if I don't gain weight next time my doctor will get mad at me :).
  • Movement: Yep!
  • Food cravings: I haven't craved much this week.  Just eating normally.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.. I'm almost over my cold, finally!
  • Showing?  Yes
  • Gender: Boy!!
  • Labor signs: No
  • Belly button in or out: In... but I can tell it's wanting to come out soon... aahhh
  • Wedding rings on or off?  On.
  • Happy or moody most of the time? This week was emotional but I think I was mostly happy.
  • Looking forward to: Getting our current house on the market and hopefully selling or renting it soon.
  • Baby's fruit size: Mango
    AND today is me and the hubs 5 YEAR anniversary!!!  It doesn't seem like it's been that long but it sure has been a crazy 5 years.  I wouldn't trade it for the world, we've been blessed by God and I'm glad we get to spend the rest of our lives together!

    2 comments: